Sunday, March 23, 2014

section 1 : Personal Relationships - #7


How much of a waffle can you handle?

In the 90ʻs, cars were still being manufactured with lighers and images of cigarettes and smoke imprinted on the front.  Well the moment my boyfriend sat in my car, and adjusted the knob so that the smoke was facing the proper direction, upwards, I should have known he was a serious waffle.  Regardless of this obvious "this man is definitely a waffle" clue, I still married him!  He and I both agree, that our lives would be much easier today if I was a waffle as well or if he was as much of a spahetti as I am.  And the truth is, I am spaghetti with spicey marinara sauce and he is the epitmy of a plan belgian waffle.  I suppose we epitomize  the theory that "opposites" do attract, but I am not too sure if the theory took any further steps to discover whether it is best to short live or long live the attraction.  Would I have been happier with another bowl of spaghetti or a waffle with strawberries, syrup and whip cream and would my husband have been  happier with another waffle or spaghetti sauteed in a garlic and olive oil.  

Perhaps this is what couples need to think about before making the big leap into marriage.  It isnʻt a question of compatiblity, it is more a question of how much of a difference can you handle. This may sound somewhat negative, but it is true;  and as they say, sometimes in life, the truth can hurt.  




Compatbility test?










No comments:

Post a Comment